Sunday, September 16, 2012

An Ethical Reflection

     In the last meeting of my Computer Science Seminar we had to give a presentation on our personal ethics. If I were to sum my moral landscape into one word it would experience. After the presentations, an open discussion was held on ethics. This allowed people to voice their opinions on certain moral quandaries that arose during the discussion. We talked about a few random issues then the focus seemed to switch towards drugs, which is a major issue in our current society. Many people had various view points on drugs but the consensus seemed to be that drugs are indeed bad. Even with this conclusion we seemed comfortable stating that this was not enough to tell others that they cannot partake in drug use. I used the analogy of telling someone they cannot do drugs because I do not like them is like me telling someone they cannot eat a do-nut because I am on a diet. In my opinion the discussion was not necessarily on drugs but on the bigger picture of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment