Monday, October 22, 2012

The Sweet Nectar

     Growing up I always hated bees. In my opinion, they are quite a nuisance. Considering this mindset, I never thought bees could be so interesting. Nor did I know how useful they were for making puns. Most importantly, bees are crucial to plant life and efficient at producing honey. 
     The presentation in the last class gave me a small idea about what beekeeping entails. It portrayed the impact the Hive Tracks program could have the world of beekeeping. Being able to record data from the hives will open up many doors for the keeper. Having a network of beekeepers sharing information seems like a wonderful idea, but creating this network can cause privacy issues. The ability to keep data private is crucial to this application but that would not be a problem to incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment